Provide services to adjudicated and at-risk youth and youth adults ages 14-24 throughout Santa Fe and Rio Arriba Counties. Will work individually with youth and their families, as well as link participants to services needed such as food, housing, medical and mental health services, academic counseling, life skills development, career guidance, mentorships, internships, legal advocacy and follow-up services.
A. A. Maintain dynamic interaction with the Program Director and Service Coordinator as well as program staff and community partners concerning client care, legal issues and program functioning;
B. Provide case management services to assigned participants including goal identification, timeline of goal achievement, method of delivery, crisis intervention plans and after care support for program participants and their families;
C. Engage in external relations with community collaborators and partners including the Santa Fe County and Rio Arriba County School Districts, County of Santa Fe, Santa Fe Community College, Juvenile Justice Services, the courts, drug and alcohol treatment centers, social service agencies and local businesses.
SPECIFIC PROGRAM DUTIES
- Assist in client case planning, coordination of services, review, discharge and after-care planning and implementation;
- Provide linkage to Department of Labor (DOL) Youth Career Center Laboratory and other DOL facilities as well as arrange for DOL Youth Career Center Coordinator meetings, maintain collaborative relationship and career goals in partnership with Youth Career Center/DOL staff;
- Provide linkage to additional community resources in areas such as yet not limited to: food security, housing, counseling, substance abuse treatment, life skills and workforce development;
- Act as a member of the service team and consult with program staff, teachers and Juvenile Justice Service representatives regarding client care;
- Maintain comprehensive client case files, as determined by program requirements;
- Bachelor’s Degree and (1) year relevant experience in the human services field or HS Diploma or GED and (3) year relevant experience in the human services field; case management experience preferred;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Computer software skills including Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word;
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness;
- Strong oral and written communication skills: spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and restricted and/or confidential information;
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License, insurable under YSFS automobile policy to allow transport of clients; Current CPR and First Aid certificates (will train); valid Driver’s License
- Criminal Records Check clearance.
- Fluency in Spanish/English preferred;
- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of YSFS philosophies, integrating and applying philosophies into everyday interactions and practice;
- Maintain familiarity with and abide by all aspects of YSFS internal policies and procedures;
- Participate as a member of agency and program teams;
- Crisis intervention skills;
- Ability to work some non-traditional work hours as part of the regular work schedule.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
$15.52//hour - full-time. Medical, Dental, plus accrued leave. Generous benefits package! Full-Time;
HOW TO APPLY:
Thank you for your interest in YSFS!
The salary range, duties and responsibilities of this position meets the requirements of Section 13 (a)(1) of the Fair Labor Standards Act and therefore qualifies as an "non-exempt" position. EEO/AA
YSFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and complies with the ADA.