- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of YSFS philosophies, integrating and applying philosophies into everyday interactions and practice
- Maintain familiarity with and abide by all aspects of YSFS internal policies and procedures
- Participate as a member of agency and program teams, providing leadership as appropriate
A.Provide all relevant fiscal information to the Executive Director
B. Act as a liaison to the Board of Directors Finance Committee to facilitate the Board of Director’s fiduciary responsibilities
C. Provide leadership of fiscal operations and the accounting systems for YSFS
AGENCY OPERATIONAL DUTIES
A. Produce monthly financial reports, including but not limited to: statement of financial position; statement of activities; YTD budget status per YTD actuals; and profit/loss by program
B. Develop the draft budget for consideration by the Executive Director, approval by the Finance Committee and ratification by the Board of Directors
C. Assure the budget is monitored and that the agency operates within the approved budget
D. Develop budgets for YSFS grant applications providing management and oversight of contact billing, reports, and reconciliations
E. Prepare and submit quarterly filings for grant awards
F. Present financial reports and key financial decisions, such as the budget to the YSFS Finance Committee
G.Support and monitor work performed by the YSFS Finance Manager to assure daily financial management tasks are performed appropriately.
H. Perform monthly bank reconciliation and other tasks as appropriate to ensure adequate separation of duties
I. Prepare and submit monthly or quarterly invoices for grants; monitor grant budgets.
J. Close YSFS’ books in preparation for the annual audit and support the financial audit process
K. Prepare 990 Questionnaire for outside accounting firm.
L. Prepare for and present financial information for grantor audits or fiscal reviews as needed
M. Participate in biweekly payroll process, in cooperation with Finance Manager and Human Resources coordinator, including review of timesheet entries in QuickBooks and payroll changes.
N. Prepare monthly closing entries and post in QuickBooks upon approval by ED
O. Learn AuctionMaestro Pro and train volunteer cashiers for annual special event. Online training for AuctionMaestro Pro is available.
P. Account for Medicaid billing; billing performed by outside contractor
Q. Assure YSFS financial policies and procedures are followed or present recommended edits to the ED and Finance Committee
R. Perform other duties, as assigned
FINANCE SUPERVISORY DUTIES
- Participate in the hire of finance management staff, ensuring clear understanding of job requirements and obligations
- Provide supervision and evaluation of finance management staff, setting solid, attainable goals and holding performance reviews against these goals; provide on-going feedback; encourage learning and educational opportunities, both professionally and personally
- Three to five years of accounting experience
- Understanding and knowledge of general accounting practices
- Strong project management and planning and budgeting skills
- Ability to work in and lead a dynamic team, as well as an ability to effectively manage tasks independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong computer software skills including QuickBooks, Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and ability to learn new systems introduced by grantors.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
- Strong oral and written communication skills with good quality spelling, grammar and punctuation
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and restricted and/or confidential information
- Criminal Records Check clearance
Certified Public Accountant
Non-profit accounting experience
Familiarity with QuickBooks job and class reporting
The salary range, duties and responsibilities of this position meets the requirements of Section 13 (a)(1) of the Fair Labor Standards Act and therefore qualifies as an “exempt” position. EEO/AA